Printed board manufacturers have many surface treatments when producing PCB circuit boards.
1. When printed board manufacturers produce PCB circuit boards, the crystal structure formed by immersion gold and gold plating is different. The thickness of gold plating is much thicker than that of immersion gold. satisfy.
2. Immersion gold on PCB circuit boards produced by printed board manufacturers is easier to solder than gold-plated, and will not cause poor soldering and cause customer complaints. The stress of the immersion gold plate is easier to control, and for products with bonding, it is more conducive to bonding processing. At the same time, because immersion gold is softer than gold plating, the immersion gold plate is not wear-resistant as a gold finger.
3. The PCB circuit board immersion gold board produced by the printed board manufacturer only has nickel gold on the pad, and the signal transmission in the skin effect is on the copper layer and will not affect the signal.
The difference between immersion gold and gold plating for printed board manufacturers.
In the previous popular science, the first 3 points of the difference between immersion gold and gold-plated surface treatment of PCB circuit boards produced by printed board manufacturers, today we will look at the following points.
1. The immersion gold of PCB circuit boards produced by printed circuit board manufacturers has a denser crystal structure than gold-plated, and it is not easy to produce oxidation.
2. The immersion gold board of the PCB circuit board produced by the printed board manufacturer only has nickel gold on the pad, so the combination of the solder mask on the line and the copper layer is stronger. The project will not affect the spacing when making compensation.
3. As the wiring of PCB circuit boards produced by printed board manufacturers becomes denser, the line width and spacing have reached 3-4MIL. Gold plating is prone to short circuit of gold wire. The immersion gold board only has nickel gold on the pad, so it will not cause a short circuit of the gold wire.
4. PCB circuit boards produced by printed board manufacturers are generally used for boards with relatively high requirements, and the flatness is better. Generally, immersion gold is used, and immersion gold generally does not appear black pads after assembly. The flatness and standby life of the immersion gold board are as good as the gold-plated board.